Please join the Flint River Watershed and our partners for Stewardship Day on April 27th from 9AM – Noon. This watershed-wide volunteer event is centered on cleaning up and beautifying 21 sites throughout Lapeer and Genesee counties along local waterways in stewardship of the Flint River. Activities vary at each site and include trash and debris cleanup,invasive species removal, rain garden maintenance, stream quality monitoring and more.
- Volunteers may pre-register or just show up. Groups of 6 or more are strongly encouraged to pre-register.
- Tools and safety materials will be provided, but participants should wear protective clothing such as long pants and sturdy shoes.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or bring with them a completed and signed permission form which can be downloaded on our website.
- Volunteer appreciation lunches will follow at designated sites.
- Each volunteer will receive a free gift while supplies last.
Activity descriptions, site locations, flyer, and registration can be found at www.flintriver.org.
Let others know you’re joining in by responding to and sharing our Facebook event.
Questions can be directed to Autumn Mitchell, Flint River Watershed Coalition Education Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!