The Environmental Transformation Movement of Flint is partnering with edible flint to support the distribution of garden starter kits. We are volunteering at edible flint’s contact-free/masks-required garden distribution day on Saturday, June 6th at the Neighborhood Engagement Hub (3216 MLK Ave.). We’re also helping to recruit more volunteers – so please consider joining us and share this invitation with anyone who would be a good volunteer!
If you are interested and available, please confirm that you will volunteer directly with either Rasha Mohamed (firstname.lastname@example.org 810-244-8547) or Jane Richardson (jrmjrichardson@sbcglobalnet 810-348-5332) of edible Flint, by Monday, June 1st. Feel free to call either of them or email them both at the same time to reserve your spot.
- 8 am – 11 am (most slots filled)
- 11 am – 2 pm (about 14 volunteers needed)
- 2-6:30 pm (about 14 volunteers needed)
- 11 am – 6 pm (volunteers might still be needed for traffic control)
- Please find more details from edible flint in the attached documents (volunteer job description, roles summary and procedures).
- Edible Flint is organizing an online zoom training for next week, which volunteers are required to participate in (or if that’s not possible, view the recording) before June 6th; edible flint will provide the details to volunteers. The training will probably be offered at noon on Tuesday and 6 pm on Wednesday.
- Volunteers will park on across the street on MLK or on Dewey St.
Environmental Transformation Movement of Flint