Salvation Army Christmas Sign up for Genesee County Residents


CONTACT: Joy Martinbianco, Development Director 810-232-1684

This is the last chance for families living in Genesee County needing Christmas assistance with toys and food, to ensure a blessed Christmas holiday for their children, should come and apply for The Salvation Army’s 2018 Christmas Assistance program.  The last sign-up days will be held Tuesday, November 6th at the Flint Beecher Corps, 1475 W. Coldwater Rd., Flint, MI  48505 and on Tuesday, November 13th, and Wednesday, November 14th at the Flint Citadel Corps in downtown Flint.

The Salvation Army Flint, Michigan, Genesee County
2018 Late Christmas Assistance 1-Day Flint Beecher Corps Sign-Up
1475 W. Coldwater Rd., Flint, MI 48505 (810) 789-4003
Tuesday, November 6th from 9:00am to 2:00pm

2018 Late Christmas Assistance 2-Day Flint Citadel Sign-Up
211 W. Kearsley Street Flint, MI 48502 (810) 232-2196

Extended Hours
Tuesday, November 13th from 9:00am to 7:00pm
Wednesday, November 14th from 9:00am to 7:00pm 

Required Documentation for 2018 Christmas Assistance

The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance program is intended to help Genesee County residents who would otherwise be unable to celebrate Christmas.  Children over 14 years of age are not eligible for toys.  Families may apply to only one agency for Christmas Assistance.

To sign up for assistance you must have the following documents with you.

  • Michigan I.D. and Social Security Cards for ALL adults in the household. CASE SUMMARY FROM DHHS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.
  • Proof of dependents in the home – Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards. Must be parents or provide proof of legal guardianship. CASE SUMMARY FROM DHHS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS BIRTH RECORD AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
  • Current Bills for the last 30 days – Bills must contain the name and address of the individual applying for assistance. Current bills include Rent, Mortgage, Water, Gas, Electric, Telephone, Cable, etc. SALVATION ARMY WILL PRINT WATER OR CONSUMERS ENERGY BILLS ON SITE, IF NEEDED.
  • Proof of Income for the last 30 days – Pay stubs, Child Support Statement, Social Security, SSI, SSDI, Unemployment/Workman’s Comp, etc. NOTICE OF CASE ACTION (from DHHS) WILL BE ACCEPTED AS INCOME STATEMENT (statement cannot be more than 6 months old).

Pin It on Pinterest