The City of Flint is offering resources to support neighborhood cleanups in 2015. By doing so, the City seeks to partner with residents in eliminating blight in Flint neighborhoods in line with the City’s Beyond Blight: Comprehensive Blight Elimination Framework. Details on what is offered, who is eligible, and how to request resources are provided below.
What resources are available?
Residents and community groups are often willing to clean up their neighborhoods but need dumpsters to quickly and completely dispose of trash. Dumpsters are the primary resource being offered through Love Your Block. Dumpsters will be delivered and removed on dates agreed on by the neighborhood group and City staff.
Cleanup SUPPORT Crews
Crews are available to support your neighborhood cleanup, on a limited basis. Crews will assist with heavy work that residents and neighborhood groups are not able to do, including removing large fallen trees, clearing and chipping large and heavy debris, and removing heavy waste illegally dumped. Crews are available on a limited number of Saturdays only.
Who is eligible to receive resources?
Groups and individuals cleaning up (removing the trash and mowing the grass) both sides of the street on one or more blocks in their neighborhood are eligible.
How will resources be distributed?
- Resources are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Groups and individuals must complete and submit the resource request form that is provided on the other side of this sheet.
- City staff will continuously accept applications on a rolling basis until resources are no longer available.
- Resources will be distributed to groups cleaning up both sides of the street on one or more blocks in their neighborhood and in alignment with the Beyond Blight: City of Flint Comprehensive Blight Elimination Framework.
- At least 50% of resources will be distributed to cleanups in Flint’s Green Neighborhoods
How do I request resources?
The preferred method of submission of the completed request form is delivery in-person to the office of the Blight Elimination & Neighborhood Stabilization Division, located in the South Building of the City of Flint Municipal Center.
Completed forms can also be mailed to:
ATTN: Love Your Block
Building and Safety Inspections
City of Flint Municipal Center
1101 S. Saginaw St
Flint, MI 48502
Please call 810-237-2090 for more information.