Genesee County has set the date and location for the Spring Household Hazardous Waste Collection. It will take place on Saturday, May 2 from 10:00 – 2:00. Usually it is busiest first thing in the morning with less of a wait later in the afternoon.
Time to start looking around your house in the garage, basement, kitchen, bathroom and workshop for items that you can bring to the collection for proper disposal!
- Two locations – City of Flint and Flint Township (see attached HHW Location Info)
Note: The postcard produced by the County, which lists all the contributing municipalities, will be sent out in early April
- Both locations will accept hazardous waste, electronic waste and up to 7 tires, off the rim
What can you bring to the collections?
- See examples of hazardous and electronic waste that are accepted (see attached Examples Haz & E-Waste)
- NO LATEX PAINT accepted at either location
Is there anywhere I can take hazardous or electronic waste at other times during the year?
- Yes, some hazardous/electronic waste items are accepted year round at area drop-off centers (see attached Special Waste Drop-Off Facilities)
Thanks for doing your part to properly dispose of harmful items in order to protect our water and air quality! Let me know if you have any questions and be sure to share this information with others! I will be in touch with details about the Fall 2015 event (usually held in October) when the information has been released by the county.