Michigan State University (MSU) invites families to participate in a new research study. Healthy Kids, Healthy Families is
a program for children and families.
The program is FREE.
What to Expect
- Convenience: Join small group sessions with other families.
- Family Fun: Have fun with your family while learning about healthy eating and exercise.
- Cool for Kids: Meet new friends and see how cool it can be to live healthier.
- Activities: Participate in activities that get your body moving.
- New Ideas: Learn how to manage weight and feel better.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families is a research study. Researchers from MSU will determine whether the program is successful in helping children improve eating behaviors, exercise, and weight.
Workshops will span over 7 weeks. Each meeting will last about 1Y2 hours. Topics will be based on your needs and interests. Below is a list of some of the topics:
- Setting realistic goals
- Changing unhealthy habits
- Choosing healthier food
- Making fitness fun
- Preparing healthier recipes
- Controlling portion sizes
- Asking for help from our families
- Appreciating our differences
- Finding resources
- Staying healthy
To participate in the program, children must be 6 to 12 years of age. At least one parent or caregiver must attend each session with participating children.
June 11 through July 16 session
July 22 through August 26 session