My name is Lysa Postula-Stein, JD and I’m a Staff Attorney with the Center for Civil Justice and I need your help.
Since 2014, the Flint Housing Commission (FHC) has been miscalculating the utility allowances it distributes to public housing tenants and Section 8 Voucher recipients. As a result, utility allowance distributions have been severely deficient. Low-income families have had to make up the shortfalls themselves or do without.
These families don’t know they have been short-changed, so they aren’t looking for help. In order to help them, I first have to find them. Would you help me?
There are a few ways you can help:
- Distribute the attached flyer to your staff, clients and colleagues (let me know if I can provide you with copies);
- Encourage people who fit the client profile (below) to call me right away; and
- Connect me with other direct service providers would be willing to help.
The client profile is every individual who:
- at any time since 2014;
- lived in FHC public housing; or
- received Sec. 8 Vouchers from the FHC.
The bigger my group is, the stronger the case will be. Thank you for whatever support you can offer.
Lysa Postula-Stein, JD
CENTER for CIVIL JUSTICE
436 S. Saginaw St., Suite 400
Flint, Michigan 48502
Office: (800) 724-7441 / (810) 244-8044